How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15731
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First year house rental House value $115,000 Rent received

Customer Question

First year house rental
House value $115,000
Rent received $6,500
Cleaning and repairs $3,000
Improvements $8,000
How do I deduct all my costs?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


You have to use Schedule E.

It has a place for you to list the rent received and every item on your list to reduce that income.

Here is a link to a Schedule E

You will also need to depreciate so here is that form

If you are using a software or program just mark that you had rental income and it will walk you through.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you responded yet