How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a disabled senior with a small income. In preparing my

Customer Question

I'm a disabled senior with a small income. In preparing my taxes I owed the small
amount of $251. I completed the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet
and I was taxed at zero. Do I enclose this worksheet for the IRS to view or is their another form I should complete. What do I write on line 44 zero or $251.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


No , the worksheet is not required to be attached to your return. Keep that with your copy for your records.

You can use whichever method gives you the minimum amount of tax so that you don't overpay. Therefore your line 44 figure may differ from the IRS tax table, which only lists tax due amounts for ordinary income.

List the $0 on line 44

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.