How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be receiving alimony estimated to be about 70,000

Customer Question

I will be receiving alimony estimated to be about 70,000 annually. I will probably be receiving SS disability around 900 monthly. I have no write offs such as housing. But will have charitable contributions of 20% of income. I will be receiving a portion of his retirement IRA. Any estimate on how much taxes I should put aside?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Based on what you have supplied for your income and deductions you should set aside (or make estimated payments of ) $11000 for federal and $4500 for state.

That was at single and using your itemized deduction of $16k for charitable.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you responded