Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do we get my husbands former employer to get the k1's

Customer Question
finished? They are way behind...
How do we get my husbands former employer to get the k1's finished? They are way behind and we can't file our tax returns without them
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/24/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

I know this may sound like taking the path of least resistance, but the reason the 6 month extensions are set up the way they are (partnerships and S-Corps get 6 months until September, and individuals get 6 months until October) is to address this issue.

...

You can CERTAINLY use all of the tactics that we all use for this, beg, cajole, threaten, motivate, lead, etc., etc. and MANY time you'll get that K-1 a few days before your due date (happens more often than not in my experience).

...

But that extension is there for this very reason.

...

Don't mean to make light, but this one IS what it IS ... an ongoing problem

...

I hope this has helped.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using the rating request, faces, or stars on your screen)

...

That's the only way I'll be credited for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS