How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3449
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying EIN LLC I am the only member of the LLC I want

Customer Question

I am applying for an EIN for my LLC
I am the only member of the LLC
I want to be taxed as an S corporation
What should be my first step?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

In order for the LLC to to be taxed as an S-Corp, you will have to make the election by completing the Form 2553.

Link to Form 2553/instructions:

You might want to read the blog at the following link as well;

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If all is clear, please be so kind as to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Related Tax Questions