Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am applying EIN LLC I am the only member of the LLC I want

Customer Question
I am applying for an...
I am applying for an EIN for my LLC
I am the only member of the LLC
I want to be taxed as an S corporation
What should be my first step?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 year ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

In order for the LLC to to be taxed as an S-Corp, you will have to make the election by completing the Form 2553.

Link to Form 2553/instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2553.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i2553/ch01.html

You might want to read the blog at the following link as well;

http://www.bizfilings.com/toolkit/news/tax-info/llc-plus-scorp-equal-best-of-both.aspx

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If all is clear, please be so kind as to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant