How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55285
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client who owns and llc, now he is closing the last

This answer was rated:

I have a client who owns and llc , now he is closing the last in Florida and opening one in Delaware. The other accountant told him that he couldn't transfer the properties through a quick claim deed to the new llc , technically is the same owner and no money is involved. Can anyone tell me the steps that I need to do this please do I can advice the client is have seen it done all the time.
They client doesn't need to llc with one is enough.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

To transfer a property by quit claim deed, the owner of the property simply needs to sign the deed transferring title from the owner to the recipient. The deed needs to be witnessed, notarized, and then recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. That's it! Let me know if you need a template for the quit claim deed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My question. All a raise from the tax point of view is from an llc to another one same owner no money involved

It would be a non-recognition contribution to the new LLC from the old LLC in exchange for an interest in the new LLLC. Then, when the old LLC is dissolved, the interest in the new LLC would be distributed to the owner.

Richard and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you