How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7197
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Jgordosea I either didn't get my 1099 or I have missed place

Customer Question

Hi Jgordosea I either didn't get my 1099 or I have missed place it. How can I get another one PLEASE
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Your requested expert is not currently available, so your question was returned to the "Que".

The only way to obtain a copy of your 1099 is from the Company that issued it. So, you would either have to call or write them and ask for a copy. You don't have to attach the 1099 to your return, but if you had any taxes withheld from your payments, you would need to know the amount.

Also, if you have your records of what your receipts were, you wouldn't need the 1099; you can use your records (or perhaps your deposits) to figure your total receipts.