How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7119
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive a 1099 properties I own however I am unclear if I

Customer Question

I receive a 1099 for rental properties I own however I am unclear if I should report these an schedule e or leave them as 1099 misc
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: in previous years I have received a 1099 misc for rental income which I reported on Turbotax. It also is reported on Schedule E as Rental incone Which one should be used? If it comes from a 1099 should I report it as 1099misc or should I just take the figures and enter them on Schedule E/
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: not really excpet that I divide them by three anyway since I get one statement for three properties
JA: Our top Accountant is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Accountant in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Accountant until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

If the 1099 income relates to rental properties, the rental income belongs on Schedule E.

Is this commercial property?

Are the rents reflected in Box 1 on the 1099-Misc ?