How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took distributions from a traditional IRA during 2015,

Customer Question

I took distributions from a traditional IRA during 2015, after I reached age 59 1/2. Fidelity sent me 1099-Rs that only show a small fraction of the distributions. I need to know what to report on my tax return.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

You should contact Fidelity and inquire as to the reason for less than the total amount and why they sent more than 1 1099-R. Did you take some before age 59 1/2 and some after? You should also check the codes that are in box 7 of each form. Were any of withdrawals transfers to IRAs at other institutions?