Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

IRS has sent me a letter requestIng sOme if the DATA I

Customer Question

IRS has sent me a letter requestIng sOme if the DATA I entered into my efIle report.
They are requesting it within 20 dAYS OF THE LETTER. i HAVE HAD TO SEND FOR INFORMATION AND STILL NEED A COPY OF ONE OF THE FORMS AND IT SHOULD BE IN THIS WEEK. THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT BUT THEY WANT THE DOCUMENT TO PROVE IT. i TRIED TO PRINT ONE UT IT ALL HAS IRS ON IT AND IT HAS TO BE A FORM WITHOUT IRS AT THE FORM.
cAN i TALK WITH SOMEONE ON THE PHONE?
i SITLL DO NOT HAVE THE
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

There should be a name and a phone number on the top of your letter. (Normally found on the right side of the letter,) you can call that phone number, or the IRS general phone #(###) ###-#### ***** ask for an extension of time. They will probably ask why, and you tell them that you requested a copy of your forms and you haven't received them yet.

I have NEVER seen them refuse this first extension. They will normally give you anywhere from 30-90 days.

If this answer has helped you, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive feedback that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.