How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After reaching 70 1/2 can people keep contributing to ROTH

Customer Question

after reaching 70 1/2 can people keep contributing to ROTH IRA?
Car RMD be rolled over ROTH IRA and pay taxes on int?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


You can make contributions to your Roth IRA after you reach age 70 ½. You still have to be able to show EARNED INCOME to contribute and the amount allowed in a year is not changed.

No an RMD cannot be rolled into a ROTH. RMD from your traditional IRA cannot be converted to a Roth IRA.

You can take your RMD and then convert the remaining amount to the ROTH.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you had responded

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lidia please respond below

Related Tax Questions