Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

After reaching 70 1/2 can people keep contributing to ROTH

Customer Question
IRA? Car RMD be rolled over...
after reaching 70 1/2 can people keep contributing to ROTH IRA?
Car RMD be rolled over ROTH IRA and pay taxes on int?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/21/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

You can make contributions to your Roth IRA after you reach age 70 ½. You still have to be able to show EARNED INCOME to contribute and the amount allowed in a year is not changed.

No an RMD cannot be rolled into a ROTH. RMD from your traditional IRA cannot be converted to a Roth IRA.

You can take your RMD and then convert the remaining amount to the ROTH.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Checking to see if you had responded

Hi Lidia please respond below

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4