Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can i carry forward charitable deductions from 2014 that

Customer Question
were not included in Schedule...
Can i carry forward charitable deductions from 2014 that were not included in Schedule A because the standard deduction was taken in 2014?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

No, you may not.

There is a carry forward of Charitable deductions but not in this situation. You can carry over any contributions you can't deduct in the current year because they exceed your adjusted-gross-income limits. You cannot claim charitable gifts paid in 2014 on your 2015 return based on choosing to use the standard deduction instead.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4