Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I got a credit with the IRS by installing a Solar system. I

Customer Question
I got a credit with...
I got a credit with the IRS by installing a Solar system. I am not due to pay any taxes this year. Can I get a refund from the IRS of this credit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

This credit is a non-refundable credit. A non-refundable tax credit allows you to lower your tax liability to zero, but not below zero. You cannot obtain a refund from the IRS for this credit.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent