How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3731
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if there's a levy on my wages taxes?

Customer Question

What can I do if there's a levy on my wages for back taxes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

As your wages are already being levied, it will be hard to get the levy withdrawn. You can pay off the past due balance, request to be placed on a payment agreement, and claim hardship. It is still not guaranteed that the levy will be withdrawn. The only way that the levy is guaranteed to be withdrawn is to pay off the debt. If that is not possible, try claiming hardship. While they may reduce the levy, it is unlikely that they will withdraw it all together. For more information regarding a payment plan, refer to the following IRS webpage.


Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter. If all is clear, a positive rating of 3 or more stars is appreciated so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.