How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15731
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid 2013 by installment agreement during 2015. Can I

Customer Question

I paid 2013 by installment agreement during 2015. Can I claim that amount on my 2015 income tax return?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


If you are talking about an Installment agreement with the IRS no, that is not a deduction for taxes.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If this was a state payment then yes you can claim that as state taxes paid on Schedule A but only the tax portion no interest.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.