Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Me and my wife got separated on December 22nd of 2015 so she

Customer Question
let me use her and...
Me and my wife got separated on December 22nd of 2015 so she let me use her and her son that's 9 years old living with us on my taxes she is living in Colorado grand junction so she took my taxes up to a H & R Block and had them do this and they sent a form to my email so I could look over and sign but what was not sent at that time was a bank to direct deposit it in I didn't get all of the pieces of where they were sending my tax return until later that afternoon I gave my wife my routing number to my bank here in Odessa Texas to direct deposit my Tax Return but she failed to do that when I seen the bank papers that afternoon it showed that she had put it in her bank account my name is ***** ***** on that bank account and no way I can get that tax return from her is there a way that I can get that changed into my bank here in Odessa Texas by giving y'all my routing number and bank number. I asking what can you guys help me with on this since she separated me and now she's taking my Return because she did not work at all last year we've only been together since January 16 2015when I moved her to Odessa tx until she December 22 is when she took a lot more of my stuff
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/19/2016
Tax Professional: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Griesch
The only thing you can do at this point is make a claim for the refund amount during your divorce proceedings. If you can establish that the refund is solely yours, the court should order that she return that amount to you.
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch