Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I just need to claim my taxes year I live and work in

Customer Question
I just need to claim...
I just need to claim my taxes for this year I live and work in jamaica and make 84,000 US
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: I just need to find the form that works
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No mam
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/18/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi - I can help here.

...

If you are a U.S. citizen or a resident alien of the United States and you live abroad, you are taxed on your worldwide income.

...

However, you may qualify to exclude from income up to an amount of your foreign earnings that is adjusted annually for inflation ($92,900 for 2011, $95,100 for 2012, $97,600 for 2013, $99,200 for 2014 and $100,800 for 2015).

...

In addition, you can exclude or deduct certain foreign housing amounts.

...

Here's the form you'll need:

You can read about the foreign Earned Income Exclusion here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Foreign-Earned-Income-Exclusion

I hope this has helped.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using the rating request, faces, or stars on your screen)

...

That's the only way I'll be credited for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS