Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Pa state refund, I filed my taxes and had vehicle mileage on

Customer Question
pa state refund JA: Thanks. Can...
pa state refund
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I filed my taxes and had vehicle mileage on it although I don't have all the documentation. The state requested the documents that I don't have. Am I able to just amend the return and remove the mileage would that be acceptable?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Business Tutors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you can file an amended return and remove the mileage. Your refund will most likely be reduced or you even may owe additional taxes. File the return as a respond to the notice to speed up the processing.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No that's it thank you

Great. And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser