How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haven't had to pay any income tax years, I used to have

Customer Question

I haven't had to pay any income tax for several years, I used to have taxes withheld
but I stopped after I would get all or nearly all as a tax refund, for the past several years I have had no taxes due. can I cease to file a return. I am 93 years old and it has become a hardship for me to get the returns filled out and sent in.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Charles Markham replied 1 year ago.

I assume you receive social security. What are your other sources of income? What are the sources of income that you live on month to month?