How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have an activities association at the 50+ retirement park

Customer Question

We have an activities association at the 50+ retirement park where I reside. It is a registered non-profit corporation with the Arizona Corporation Commission. Are we required to pay sales tax when we purchase items, food etc. for our fund raising projects? Also are we legally required to pay tax on our profits, (gross income - expenses)?
JA: Hi Arizona Corporation Commission. The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
JA: Our top Accountant is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Accountant in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Accountant until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Have you filed anything with the IRS?

Is your organization an actual corporation or is it an association taxed as a corporation.

For example have you requested tax exempt status for federal income tax purposes?

If so, under what Internal Revenue Code Section was your organization granted tax exempt status as indicated in your exemption letter?