How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15742
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a consultant European company, do I need to pay sales

Customer Question

I'm a consultant for a European company, do I need to pay sales tax on payments?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i'm a packaging professional and I find opportunities for my European customer. I do not invoice us customer. I invoice for my consultant services
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Sales tax is a state specific requirement and each state has their own laws. If you are not reselling items that you purchase and you are not registered for sales tax in a specific state then yes, you are liable for sales tax on purchases you make.

That is a general advise because I do not know your specific state but most states follow that rule. If you buy and you are not registered for resale, you pay sales tax on the items you purchase.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Respond below please