Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Are emancipated adults of any age required to report income

Customer Question
for piece work...
are emancipated adults of any age required to report income for piece work
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/17/2016
Tax Professional: Christopher B, Esq., Tax Attorney replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Tax Attorney

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

The minimum income required to file a tax return for Tax Year 2015 depends on your income, age, and filing status. If you are single and under the age of 65, you have to file with w-2 income of $10,300 or self-employment income of $400. So you have to file if you earned over those amounts.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Tax Attorney