How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get approved loan, and i need to claim more on my

Customer Question

i want to get approved for a loan, and i need to claim more on my taxes what should i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question -- you cannot falsify a tax return. You should claim 100% of the income you received - no more, no less. If you are currently not claiming some income, claim it. You cannot, however, add income to your tax return. This would be fraudulent as well - especially from the banking side of things. If you falsify a tax return you can go to jail, and if you are falsifying a tax return to get a loan and trick a bank, you will have additional charges as a result of that.

I'm sorry that this isn't what you want to hear. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.