How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of paper work is needed in an IRS audit on the

Customer Question

what kind of paper work is needed in an IRS audit on the sale of a house abroad
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

When it comes to foreign transactions, especially personal transactions, IRS will accept anything that is reasonable. Usually some type of equivalent of a HuD statement, purchase agreement, equivalent of a title transfer or anything that will show the transaction. There's no specific form that IRS requires.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Because every country has its own laws and taxes, it is not and really cannot be standardized. It is extremely helpful if the supporting document is in English or Spanish, if not you may need to translate it or have the important sections translated by a professional.