Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Filed federal tax feb. 5 th havent heard any answer.

Customer Question
filed federal tax feb...
filed federal tax feb. 5 th havent heard any answer .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2016
Tax Professional: Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Jason M. Tyra, CPA
Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi There:

Did you mail your return or efile it? Also, if you efiled, did you receive a confirmation that the return was accepted from the IRS?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i called the cpa that filed & they found that the check was mailed to me on the 27th of march

Did you mean the 27th of February?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was feb 27th i was wrong on march

Ok, did your return have your correct address? If you've moved, the USPS usually will not forward tax refund checks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the lady put the right address on the 105 willow oak ct. Bristol va 24201

Have you tried the IRS "Where's my Refund" tool? You can access that here- https://www.irs.gov/Refunds.

This may be what your CPA already did. If a check was mailed in late February and the address was correct, but you haven't received it, then you may need to call the IRS.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the lady was told to wait untel march 26 if not rec. then call

That's probably what I would recommend, also. It takes a long time to receive checks from the IRS, unfortunately. You might want to use direct deposit in future years, if possible.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will make sure i do in the future. THANK YOU.

You are welcome. Please don't forget to rate- that is the only want for me to receive credit for speaking with you.

Jason M. Tyra, CPA
Jason M. Tyra, CPA