Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have tried numerous times to e-file a 2014 return, and

Customer Question
always get a reject code...
I have tried numerous times to e-file a 2014 return, and always get a reject code that is IND-689-01 and states that the year of the primary signatureDt in the return header must be equal to the processing year. I have searched the I,R.S. web, and have been unable to find the solution. Please help......
Thank you *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/16/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

That means you cannot e-file that 2014 return.

Only current year returns can be e-filed. It is too late to e-file the 2014 return. You can e-file a 2015 return but not a 2014 return at this time.

Print it out and mail it.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

I hope you understand the error now.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4