How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3567
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am legally separated from my husband. In July of last

Customer Question

I am legally separated from my husband. In July of last year, he was ordered to pay me
$1,650.00 in monthly spousal support until we divorce...
So, for the first time in 20 years I'm filing separately. I have no W2 forms, only bank statements with the $1650 deposit amount on them. Are these statements enough proof of income?
What form should I use? Should I use a filing service? HELP!
Charlottesville, VA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

It depends on what you need the proof of income for. Some businesses may allow the bank statements to be used as proof of income.

What do you mean by what form should you use? Form to use for what? Filing your tax return?

Use a filing service for what? To file your tax return? If you are not clear as to how to file your tax return, you may want to use a tax preparation service. However, if the only income that you have is the alimony, your return should be rather sample to complete.

It sounds as though you can use the form 1040A or 1040-EZ to file your tax return.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If not, and all is clear, please be so kind as to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.