How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Dad pays $160/day to a home care agency. He has

Customer Question

My Dad pays $160/day to a home care agency. He has Parkinson's disease and is unable to move safely about the house without help and he is incontinent and unable to prepare his own meals. Is all or part of the $160 tax deductible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


This would be counted as a medical expense and shown on his Schedule A under Medical.