Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Had to build a sea wall because of erosion to lakefront. Any

Customer Question
deduction?...
Had to build a sea wall because of erosion to lakefront. Any deduction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

If this is your personal home then you add the cost of the sea wall to the cost of the home. When you sale this will mean a larger basis for you to claim.

If this is not your home then let me know.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4