Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

Can I issue 2 1099's same amount to the Atty. & Plaintiff

Customer Question

Can I issue 2 1099's for the same amount to the Atty. & Plaintiff for the same amount?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

IF you paid the same $ amount to the Attorney and the Plaintiff, then yes, you can issue the 1099's to reflect that.

If you paid the Plaintiff the whole $ amount, and THEY were to reimburse the Attorney, then no.

You need to issue the 1099 to the party/parties you actually pay.

If you have further questions, please post them here and I'll be notified.

If this answer has helped you, then please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.