How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7153
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has a divorce agreement from 1998 that gives her x

Customer Question

My wife has a divorce agreement from 1998 that gives her x the right to claim on of her kids as a dependent . The child has reached 21, so there is no more child support. He lives with us full time, and is a full time student, can we now claim him as a dependant
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, as long as you are furnishing more than 1/2 of his support, which you should be without a problem if he's living at home.