How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7150
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is ***** *****. I need to fill out a K-1 partner & I.

Customer Question

This is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to fill out a K-1 for my partner & I. We did not generate any income in 2015. We did spend money to develop a piece of property & we are still developing it now. We incured interest charges. Nothing out of pocket yet. How do I fill out the K-1?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Well, the developing cost, including interest, should be capitalized as part of the development, so if you didn't generate any revenue and the development is not ready to sell or rent or whatever you are going to do with it, and if you paid anything, there wouldn't be anything in the way of deductions to put on a K-1.