Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'm filing Form 7004 S-Corp to receive an automatic 6

Customer Question
I'm filing Form 7004 for...
I'm filing Form 7004 for my S-Corp to receive an automatic 6 month extension. I'm 100% shareholder. Since the business income is passive, should I put $0 on lines 6, 7, and 8 or do I need to estimate what I (the shareholder) will owe?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/14/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi - I can help here

...

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

...

Although I would say that a little differently, the answer is yes. Lines 6, 7, and 8 are zero ... not because the income is passive (could be passive if it's rental income, could also be active depending on what you do), but because the S-Corp itself doesn't pay taxes.

...

As the shareholder employee, you pay the taxes do (salary on the S-Corp w-2 you give yourself and distributive share of profits that will flow through the K-1 for profit above that salary and other expenses).

...

It would only be in the case of an entity that pays income tax, such as a C-Corp or an irrevocable trust using the 7004 that a tax would be due here.

I hope this has helped.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using the rating request, faces, or stars on your screen)

...

That's the only way I'll be credited for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS