How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15716
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a card holder with all my earnings being in the UK. I

Customer Question

I am a green card holder with all my earnings being in the UK. I therefore pay my taxes in the UK and get a tax credit for the IRS and I file that. But I now have a small job in the USA, shall I simply fill our a tax return on my USA earnings and treat that separately to my UK earnings.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


The small job in the US will be added to your income on your US return. You can still claim your tax credit form he UK on your UK earnings.

It will all be on the same US return the only difference is the credit for foreign taxes you are claiming. That still is just on the UK amount.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you responded