Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

As trustee of my mothers estate, am I required by Oregon law

Customer Question
to provide an independent appraisal...
As trustee of my mothers estate, am I required by Oregon law to provide an independent appraisal of real estate property, or can its value be determined by the counties assessed tax value?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/12/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes if that appraised value is used for real property value for estate tax purposes.

http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/forms/FormsPubs/form-or-706_104-001_2015.pdf

page 9

When you complete the return, assemble all the required pages together in the following order:

-- Independent fee appraisals for real property wherever located, used to support reported value.

But if you are using the tax value for that purposes - no need to do an independent appraisal of a real estate property.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney