How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4523
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

K, Yes. I have my return tax transcript showing codes 150

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I have my return tax transcript showing codes 150 766 768 846 and 841. Told I am under review. Any insight as to what could be the problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I can assist.

150 is tax return filed, liability assessed.

766 is generated credit refund allowance.

768 is earned income credit.

846 is refund.

841 is the issue, cancelled refund check deposited.

IRS has the idea that a check they issued that was cancelled, for things like a change of address or error in the amount, was cashed. IRS likely is investigating the refund and the return, maybe the preparer who filed the return.

I hope that sheds some light on your question. If so, please rate my assistance using the star rating scale. I'm PDtax.