Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

K, Yes. I have my return tax transcript showing codes 150

Customer Question
K JA: Thanks. Can you give...
K
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I have my return tax transcript showing codes 150 766 768 846 and 841. Told I am under review. Any insight as to what could be the problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/12/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I can assist.

150 is tax return filed, liability assessed.

766 is generated credit refund allowance.

768 is earned income credit.

846 is refund.

841 is the issue, cancelled refund check deposited.

IRS has the idea that a check they issued that was cancelled, for things like a change of address or error in the amount, was cashed. IRS likely is investigating the refund and the return, maybe the preparer who filed the return.

I hope that sheds some light on your question. If so, please rate my assistance using the star rating scale. I'm PDtax.

PDtax
PDtax