Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My daughter and her 6 year old son live in my house. She

Customer Question
pays everything for herself and...
My daughter and her 6 year old son live in my house. She pays everything for herself and son; food,clothing,events,etc. She files taxes under 'Head of Household'. Can I file under 'Head of Household', claiming her son, my grandson, as my qualifying child too?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/10/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

You would have to have a Qualifying person and you cannot use the same qualifying child as someone else.

Unfortunately you cannot claim your grandchild as your qualifying person.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4