How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29577
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a issue where state is trying to reclassify one of my

Customer Question

I have a issue where state is trying to reclassify one of my contractors as an employee. I know that this contractor claims all deductions allowed for a business on tax returns. Can i somehow use this to prove to state that contractor knows that he is a contractor and is taking full financial benefit of that
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

That fact definitely may be used as an argument- and among other arguments - it woudl be OK.
But that doesn't guarantee state authorities woudl accept your arguments as they likely have their own.
If you have additional supporting documents - these may be helpful.
Also you may use request IRS determination on the issue by filing form SS-8

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Related Tax Questions