Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a issue where state is trying to reclassify one of my…

Customer Question
I have a issue where...
I have a issue where state is trying to reclassify one of my contractors as an employee. I know that this contractor claims all deductions allowed for a business on tax returns. Can i somehow use this to prove to state that contractor knows that he is a contractor and is taking full financial benefit of that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/9/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That fact definitely may be used as an argument- and among other arguments - it woudl be OK.
But that doesn't guarantee state authorities woudl accept your arguments as they likely have their own.
If you have additional supporting documents - these may be helpful.
Also you may use request IRS determination on the issue by filing form SS-8

.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor