Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We took out a second mortgage to buy residential property in

Customer Question
the Philippines. Now we are...
We took out a second mortgage to buy residential property in the Philippines. Now we are selling it to buy a residential property in the US. what is the tax implication on this yransaction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/9/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

"residential property in the Philippines" - was it your primary residence?
If not - we need to report the sale transaction and if there any gain - that gain will be taxable

The fact of using proceeds to purchase another residential property in the US is not relevant.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney