Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If my annual income was $29,462 and I was uninsured months

Customer Question
If my annual income for...
If my annual income for 2015 was $29,462 and I was uninsured for 6 months because my employer healthcare was unavailable since enrollment is in July annually, and I had a wage garnishment of $250 per month from a student loan default, would i qualify for a health care exemption?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/9/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Here's the issue. In order to determine if you qualify for any of the exceptions, you need to respond to a number of questions.

Rather than just repeat everything here & wait for your responses, let me refer you to the page in the ACA that helps determine if you qualify for an exception.

Here's the link:

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/exemptions-from-the-fee/

After you check this out & have further questions let me know.

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert