How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a question on filling out form 709 irs, on schedule a, i

Customer Question

had a question on filling out form 709 irs
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: on schedule a, i don't know if i put in the full amount of the gift or just partial
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: if i did it incorrectly last year, will i need to refile an amended return?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $27 after the Accountant responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

You are going to have to tell me what the gift was, how much it was for & who gave it?

Is the Spouse joining in the gift?

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

It's usually best to send along a copy of what you are working with; suppress the names & SS#s