Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just received a letter saying that the state of nm has…

Customer Question
i just received a letter...
i just received a letter saying that the state of nm has placed a claim of lien on my property and rights of property, for about $5000 dollars i do not have the money right now but could have it by the end of the month what can i do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/8/2016
Tax Professional: Gina CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Gina CPA
Gina CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, if you will have the money by the end of the month, you want to let them know that ASAP! There may be additional fees to have the lien removed from your property, but the fact that you can pay off the amount owed within 30 days maybe enough for them to waive those fees.