Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On my 2014 tax return, I had a 1098T which showed a

Customer Question
qualified tuition and related expenses...
On my 2014 tax return, I had a 1098T which showed a qualified tuition and related expenses amount of $14,620 which I borrowed to attend Nursing School. I didn't add it to the tax return. Now, on the 2015 tax return, can I put that amount on my return since it was indicated on the 1098T that it was for the January - March 2015 academic period anyway.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/8/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

As long as the box 7 is checked, you meet the requirements and you didn't claim the credit last year (using this 1099T) you can use it in 2015. Just make sure you fill out 8863 correctly.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser