Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Commercial rental real estate sold Are any of the selling…

Customer Question
Commercial rental real estate sold...
Commercial rental real estate sold Are any of the selling expenses deducted on the final 8825 (Partnership) Rented the building for six months before selling. I understand that they are on the 4797.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Selling expenses are actually added to the basis - and not deducted as rental expenses.

Thank you

On form 4797 - see column (f) Cost or other basis, plus improvements and expense of sale

So add sale expenses to that place,

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Otherwise...

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.