Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have been using Turbo Tax to do my taxes and today I got a

Customer Question
I have been using Turbo...
I have been using Turbo Tax to do my taxes for years and today I got a phone call from someone saying he is from the irs and that an audit of 5 years shows I owe $5000.00 and I need to send $1000.00 right now or I will be arrested today..Can you help me please ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Tax Professional: Tax-Scholar, CPA replied 1 year ago
Tax-Scholar

Hello Mary - This is not legitimate. Unforetenly there are people trying to scam tax payers. Here is what the IRS has to say

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Phone-Scams-Continue-to-be-a-Serious-Threat,-Remain-on-IRS-Dirty-Dozen-List-of-Tax-Scams-for-the-2016-Filing-Season

Please go ahead and call(###) ###-####to report this to the IRS

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney