How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12698
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

4179 ( last 4 digits) I owe back federal income taxes. I

Customer Question

My name is Marcia *************....4179 ( last 4 digits) I owe back federal income taxes. I asked an IRS consultantant, Jeri ********8, from Tucson and she set up a monthly payment by dividing what I owe by 20 years and came up with a figure of $520. automatic withdrawal from my checking account. (I was not advised how she came up with the $520. a month.) I receive $997. social security and I get an oil royality check that various every month from right now about($1600.) to $6000. I'm 80 years old and can afford $550.00 a month. Can you please release the automatic payment from my bank, Wells Fargo or reduce the payment
to $150.00 I will pay more when I have more. Its my duty to pay my bills. my birthday iis *********. My address is *********. Thank you and I hope I hear from you. Marcia ***********
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry Ms. Hutchinson, you've reached; a web site that matches experts in tax, finance, legal and other areas to answer questions from users such as yourself.


But we are not IRS, Social Security or any other Govt agency.


You certainly CAN negotiate that amount down with IRS if you can document that you cannot afford the payment.


Would you like my help with that?