Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

4179 ( last 4 digits) I owe back federal income taxes. I…

Customer Question
My name is Marcia *************....4179...
My name is Marcia *************....4179 ( last 4 digits) I owe back federal income taxes. I asked an IRS consultantant, Jeri ********8, from Tucson and she set up a monthly payment by dividing what I owe by 20 years and came up with a figure of $520. automatic withdrawal from my checking account. (I was not advised how she came up with the $520. a month.) I receive $997. social security and I get an oil royality check that various every month from right now about($1600.) to $6000. I'm 80 years old and can afford $550.00 a month. Can you please release the automatic payment from my bank, Wells Fargo or reduce the payment
to $150.00 I will pay more when I have more. Its my duty to pay my bills. my birthday iis *********. My address is *********. Thank you and I hope I hear from you. Marcia ***********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/7/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I'm so sorry Ms. Hutchinson, you've reached JustAnswer.com; a web site that matches experts in tax, finance, legal and other areas to answer questions from users such as yourself.

...

But we are not IRS, Social Security or any other Govt agency.

...

You certainly CAN negotiate that amount down with IRS if you can document that you cannot afford the payment.

...

Would you like my help with that?