How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29951
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 31 year old thatt has no job and I support her

Customer Question

I have a 31 year old thatt has no job and I support her completly, am I able to claim her on my taxes if yes how??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

For qualifications - see page 12 - let me know if you need further help with determination.

Tests To Be a Qualifying Relative

1.The person cannot be your qualifying child or the qualifying child of any other taxpayer.

2.The person either (a) must be related to you in one of the ways listed under Relatives who do not have to live with you, or (b) must live with you all year as a member of your household (and your relationship must not violate local law).

3.The person s gross income for the year must be less than $4000 for 2015

4.You must provide more than half of the person s total support for the year.


So if that person is NOT related to you BUT is living as a member of your household, has NO income and fully supported by you - you may claim that person as your dependent.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.