Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do I have to pay import tax on a 2nd hand motor vehicle from…

Customer Question
Do I have to pay...
Do I have to pay import tax on a 2nd hand motor vehicle from Australia to New Zealand
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
3/7/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

For a used vehicle up to 30 years old, you will pay import duty of 10% and GST of 10% based on the value.

The following link contains excellent information you will find helpful:

http://www.prepareforaustralia.com.au/prepare-move/relocation/importing-car-vehicle-motorcycle.aspx

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb