Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I file loss from dating scam (85K), what form should…

Customer Question
How do I file for...
How do I file for a loss from dating scam (85K), what form should I use on turbo tax?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

A theft is the taking and removal of money or property with the intent to deprive the owner of it. The taking must be illegal under the law of the state where it occurred and must have been done with criminal intent.

You use form 4684 to report the loss.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please let me know if you need me to clarify

Let me know if you need more information

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4