Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I cashed $24k of investments. I own my home, but have no

Customer Question
income. I am 70 years...
I cashed $24k of investments. I own my home, but have no income. I am 70 years old. Am I liable for taxes, and how much?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/5/2016
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

Hello, where these IRA or 401K funds, or investments sold outside of an IRA or 401K?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure. I have very little experience with investments of this type. All I know is that the BP portfolio has been in the family for about 100 years. The Putnam Investments portfolio was opened in 1975 or 1976 to provide extra income. But neither of these was an IRA or 401K, that I know of.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney